Date: 8th March 2019 (Friday)
Venue: ABB Pte Ltd - 2, Ayer Rajah Crescent, 139935 Singapore
BEM Approved CPD Hours: 3.5
Ref No.: IEM19/SB/068/V
ABB (ASEA Brown Boveri) is a Swiss-Swedish multinational corporation headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, operating mainly in robotics, power, heavy electrical equipment and automation technology. It has been a global Fortune 500 company for 24 years. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB was established in Singapore in 1971 and employs more than 1000 people across three offices to service local and regional market across South-East Asia and beyond.
ABB's technologies complement Singapore smart city roadmap and its innovation can be found across the following industries:
- Seng Choon Farm Eggs - Palletizing robots automation for soft landing
- IKEA Tampines - Photovoltaic panel to harness solar energy
- Marina East desalination plant - Bolstering water security with automation and electrification solutions
- National Stadium Singapore - technology driving the retractable roof
- High speed E-bus charging - Solutions for autonomous e-bus pilot
- Data Centre Singapore - Optimization and improved uptime
- Power network - Grid reliability and efficiency
IEM (Southern Branch) is organizing this technical visit to ABB's innovation center to gain more insight behind the engineering solutions and technologies enabling the realization of the above mentioned cutting edge solutions. The exposure will also benefit our young engineers by keeping them abreast of the latest technology and engineering innovation. We are pleased to invite all members to participate in this visit.