7 March 2020
EN1992-4:2018 EUROCODE 2 – Design of Fastenings for Use in Concrete
Date: 7 March 2020 (Saturday)
Time: 9.00 a.m. – 5.30 p.m.
Venue: The KSL Resort Hotel, Johor Bahru
As Eurocodes continue to develop, the next natural progression for the design of concrete structures (Eurocode 2) was to include the connections that are made between concrete and other building components. The design principles for this standard have been around for many years since the publication of the Concrete Capacity Method, but after much deliberation and many different publications, the principles have finally been codified and become a part of Eurocode 2.
This is a full day specialized workshop will include the following topics:
- Common design principles and development of EN1992-4
- Detailed anchoring principles of cast in channel
- Health issues relating to anchoring in concrete
- Case studies and innovative installation methods for cast in channel
This knowledge can be applied by:
- The structural design community, particularly those with a focus on concrete;
- Relevant trade bodies and member associations;
- Structural/civil engineering consultancy services, to understand the most rounded view on the impact of the EN1992-4:2018 Eurocode 2 standard.